Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Am I nuts?

My husband and I call Little our sucker baby. She is suckering us into having more kids because she is so easy. (You know she is good when I am writing this while she has Croup)

I am curious. When is the right time to start trying to having another baby?

We are both only children and would like at least one more child. Little didn’t come easy and we don’t want to wait too long to start trying to get pregnant but we also don’t want to start too early.

We also really want our kids to be fairly close in age. But should that be two years apart or three? Are the first few years hard no matter what? Or do a few years really help the first born make a smoother transition?


Anyone? Anyone?

2 Comments:

Blogger ezri.blue said...

I'm pregnant with my first, and my fiance and I definitely want more. We've decided to space them a year apart before we try again, or as close to that as possible. I've been told to at the very least, wait until your first is out of diapers, if that helps. :)

But then it might also depend on how you view your body, too. My naturopath said that it's best to give your body a 3 year cooling down period to readjust and get back into balance, and while I think he makes alot of sense, I don't want to wait that long.

4:10 PM  
Blogger No One said...

I read somewhere that 18 months is the amount of time your body needs to recover from birth. I really don't mind being pregnant again. I kind of want to have my kids close together so I have one time in my life where my body is not my own and then after about 5-6 years it is mine again.

I worry most about Little and how it will impact her. I don't want it to be so soon that is makes the transition extra hard on her. We'll see.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home