Thursday, November 10, 2005

I have three long posts in the works but can't find the time to polish them off. I am still working on the take time for myself thing....

Little is finally back to wonderful self. We had our first five hour stretch of sleep since October 28. It has been a rough few weeks for all of us and it is about to get rougher. We are moving!


We are buying a new house and closing on Monday. We are moving the following weekend. Funny thing is,we only have five boxes packed. Not sure when I am going to find my shoes that allow me to click my heals three times and everything finds a place in a box but I hope I stumble upon them soon.

We are buying a brand new house. Sounds extravagant, huh? It is. Not sure why the mortgage company approved us for what they did with one salary but I suppose they know what they are doing. ;)

We live in a place where most of the homes are very old. Our old place was built in 1910.

Our new house is red. It is very cute. Three bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a basement. We have closets, a jet tub, working windows, a central vac system, doors that shut - amenities you don't find in a home built in 1910.

We have friends who do not think it is very cool to have a "new home." They are still caught up in the quaint ideal of a century old house. Have a kid and you will soon realize how nice it is to not worry about the chipping paint with so many layers that a few must include lead. Or spending your weekends fixing stuff, or having 60 year old trees drop leaves in your yard for what seems like three months and then spending thousands of dollars having the trees trimmed so they don't come crashing down on your home. Or having a crawl space full of dirt where animals of all sorts have gone to the potty since 1910 which leaves your home dusty,stinky and a health hazard. Or having a bathroom so small that when you are pregnant you can barely shimmy between the sink and the wall to get to the toilet. Don't even get me started about the "closet." Yes, singular.

I am off to pick paint colors and figure out the window covering situation. (Window coverings are EXPENSIVE- this I did not know) Things I could have been doing for months but I like the thrill of waiting until the last minute. Hence the fact that nothing is packed and we move in a week.

peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home