Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Cranks

Poor Little has had a rough week and a half. On top of the stomach flu, she came down with a cold and an ear infection. Her health is improving but she is not sleeping well at all. Right before she got sick, she had FINALLY started sleeping through the night. Not so much anymore. We are back to the constant waking and screaming until she starts throwing up. When your kid does that, you can’t let them cry it out – it is just too painful.


Our house is tired and cranky. Wonderful Husband works all day and is in school at night. The awful nights are impacting his school work and he is really behind. I feel bad for him but I am frustrated because that means he is around even less. This weekend he spent both days at the library. That means I am a single parent for eleven days straight. For the time Little wakes up, goes down for the night to when she wakes up screaming and decides to stay awake crying from 12am -3am - it is all about Mom. I am over the school thing. I want to be supportive but four years of this does NOT sound like something I can manage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

You've got all my sympathies. We were in a similar spot a few years ago back during the school days and I remember how I dreaded finals week because it meant no husband and when he happened to show up he was nervous and crabby and wanted total quiet while he studied. Not something easy to provide with two small kids around--oh and one with colic. But it did get better.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home